A blog about climbing full time on the road.

www.flickr.com
matthewandcassie's items Go to matthewandcassie's photostream

Thursday, April 24, 2008

viva las vegas

As I sit here writing this blog entry it's snowing at Sundance. Gotta love the mountain weather. at 6200 feet it seems like it can snow pretty much anytime it wants.

I'm getting ready to leave this morning for Las Vegas. The newspaper down there needs my assistance with some software issues. I'll be there through next wednesday. It's a last minute trip but there's an upside. We bought Cassie a round trip ticket to Vegas for the weekend, paid for by my mileage driving down. So, this weekend we get to enjoy the 80s and sunny as well as tons of potential rock climbing. It's also our anniversary so we'll be doing a bit of celebration as well. I'm booked at the Hilton Grand Vacation on the strip with a pretty good view of Vegas (the town that should not exist). Our next post should have some pics of us climbing the red rocks in the warm sun.

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Ooo, sounds like fun! What were you calling me about earlier? Sorry I missed your call!! I have class until noon tomorrow, but would be thrilled to hear from you after that. Talk to you soon, I hope! =) Love you!

Carlyfaye said...

I heart Vegas.

I rather enjoy the classic old hotels. We stayed at the Sahara when we went to our friends' wedding (@ the Venetian). The Strip is fun, but Downtown really has the Vegas vibe.

BTW, the Peppermill (I think that's the name) has a pretty good breakfast.